LLCs in Tennessee have certain privileges and benefits not available to other business entities.3 min read
Checkout this video:
Go to the website of the Tennessee Secretary of State
Visit the website of the Tennessee Secretary of State. The Secretary of State’s website has a searchable database of all registered businesses in the state of Tennessee. You can search for a business by name, business ID, or registered agent.
Click on the link for Business Services
Click on the link for Business Services. Under Business Services, click on the link for Business Filings. On the Business Filings page, in the Middle content box, under Entity Name Searches, click on the first link, which will take you to the Secretary of State’s Business Entity Database Search Page.
From here, you can search for a business entity by name or entity number. If you are searching by name, be sure to use quotes around your entity’s name (e.g., “Smith LLC”).
Click on the link for Business Filings
The first step in how to look up a Tennessee LLC is to go to the Secretary of State’s website and click on the link for Business Filings. You will be taken to a page where you can search for businesses by name or by filing number. If you know the business name, you can enter it in the search box and click the “Search” button.
Click on the link for Business Entity Search
The easiest way to look up a Tennessee LLC is by visiting the Tennessee Secretary of State’s website. From the homepage, click on the link for “Business Entity Search.” You will be taken to a search page where you can enter the name of the LLC you are looking for. The results will list all businesses with that name, along with information such as the business’s address and filing date.
Enter the name of the LLC in the search box
Go to the official website of the Tennessee Secretary of State. In the top navigation bar, hover over the “Business Services” tab and click on “Entity Lookup” in the drop-down menu.
On the Entity Search page, type in the name of the LLC you are searching for in the search box. Select “LLC” from the Entity Type drop-down menu and click on “Search.”
If you don’t know the exact name of the LLC, you can use wildcards by putting a “%” sign in place of characters you are unsure of. For example, if you are searching for “Smith Construction LLC,” you could type in “Smith%Construction%LLC.”
You can also search by entity ID number by selecting “ID Number” from the drop-down menu and typing in the number.
Click on the Search button
1. On the left side of the Tennessee Secretary of State’s homepage, under the “Online Services” heading, click on the “Business Entity Search” link.
2. On the Business Entity Search page, type in the name of the LLC you are searching for in the “Name” field.
3. Click on the “Search” button.
4. If there is more than one LLC with the same name, a list of results will appear. Each result will show the LLC’s name, filed date, entity type, ID number, and status. Click on the name of the LLC you are looking for to view more information about that company.
5. If there is only one LLC with that name, you will be taken directly to that company’s information page. Information that may be available includes the LLC’s name, filed date, entity type, ID number, status, principal office address, registered agent information, and a list of officers and directors (if applicable).
Click on the name of the LLC in the search results
When you have found the LLC you are looking for, click on the name of the LLC in the search results. This will take you to a page with detailed information about the LLC, including the names of the current members, the date of formation, and registered agent information.
Click on the View Details button
Click on the “View Details” button to the right of the entity name. This will take you to a page with more information about the entity, including registered agent and officer information.
“Passionate food trailblazer. Internet junkie. Pop culture fan. Music practitioner.”