If you’re a business owner, you know that having a Google Business page is essential to reach potential customers. But what if you don’t know how to access your page? In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Checkout this video:
How to access your Google Business page
To access your Google Business page, you will need to have a Gmail account. If you do not have a Gmail account, you can create one for free. Once you have a Gmail account, you can sign up for Google My Business by visiting the website and clicking “Start now.” From there, you will be prompted to enter your business information. Once your business information is entered, you will be able to access your Google Business page.
How to find your Google Business page
Go to business.google.com/create and sign in with the Google Account you’d like to use to manage your business. If you don’t yet have a Google Account, create one now.
Enter the name of your business, then click Get started.
Fill out your business information, then click Next. You may be asked how you deliver your goods or services.
Select how customers can contact you, then click Next.
Choose whether you want customers to book appointments with you online, then click Next. You can always add or change this later.
! If you see “Verify now,” enter your business phone number, then click Verify. This helps us verify that you own this listing.
I don’t want customers to book appointments online
Click Done. Your Google My Business page isn’t live yet—you’ll be prompted to publish it later.
How to sign in to your Google Business page
If you have a Google Business page, you can sign in with the same account that you use for Gmail, YouTube, or any other Google product. Just enter your username and password on the Google Business login page.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free. Once you have an account, you can claim your business listing on Google by entering your business name and address. After you claim your listing, you’ll be able to manage your business information and start using Google Business features.
How to edit your Google Business page
To edit your business information on your Google Business page:
1. Log in to your Google My Business account.
2. Click the business you’d like to edit from the dashboard.
3. From the menu, click Info.
4. In the “Basic information” section, click the section you’d like to edit, then type in your new information and click Save.
How to add or claim your Google Business page
If you want to manage your business information on Google (e.g., your business hours, website, address, etc.), you’ll need to create or claim a Google Business page.
Creating a new Google Business page is quick and easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Go to https://www.google.com/business/.
2. Click “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
3. Enter your business name and address in the search box, then click “Search.”
4. If your business doesn’t appear in the search results, click “Add your business” on the right-hand side of the page.
5. Follow the instructions to add your business information and verify your listing (this may involve receiving a postcard in the mail with a verification code).
If your business already has a listing on Google, you’ll need to claim it before you can manage it. To claim your listing:
1. Search for your business name and address in Google Maps (e.g., “Pizza Hut New York”).
2. If your business appears in the search results, click it to go to its Maps listing page (if it doesn’t appear, that means it hasn’t been created yet and you’ll need to create it as described above).
3. On your business’s Maps listing page, click the “Own this business?” link in the top-right hand corner of the screen (if you don’t see this link, that means somebody else has already claimed this listing).
4. Follow the instructions to verify that you’re the owner of this business.
How to verify your Google Business page
To verify your Google Business page, you will need to receive a verification code from Google. You can do this via phone, email, or mail. After you have received the code, you will need to enter it into the “Verify Now” section of your dashboard.
How to delete your Google Business page
It’s easy to delete your Google Business page using the steps below.
If you’re the owner or manager of a business, you can delete your business’ Google Business page using the steps below.
1. Sign in to Google My Business.
2. If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to delete.
3. Click Info from the menu.
4. Scroll to the bottom and click Delete this page .
5. Enter your password if prompted, then click Delete .
6. To permanently delete your page, check I understand that deleting this page can’t be undone and that all of its content will be permanently deleted , then click Delete page .
How to create a Google Business page
If you want to create a Google Business page, there are a few steps you need to follow. First, make sure you have a Gmail account – this is separate from any other email address you might have. Then, go to business.google.com and click on the ‘Start now’ button.
Enter your business name and address into the fields provided. If your business is already listed on Google Maps, it should come up in the results. If not, you can add your listing manually by clicking on the ‘Add your business’ button.
Once you have located or added your listing, claimed it as yours and verified your ownership, you will be able to access and edit your Google Business page.
How to optimize your Google Business page
Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, having a Google Business page is essential to reach potential customers searching for your products or services. And, according to Google, “97% of consumers looked online for local businesses in 2017, with 12% looking for businesses online every day.”
Fortunately, optimizing your Google Business page is relatively simple and only requires a few steps. Here’s how:
1. Log in to your Google account and go to business.google.com.
2. If you have more than one listing, select the listing you’d like to work on from the menu.
3. Click “Info” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. In the “About this business” section, click the pencil icon next to your business name and description to edit them.
5. In the “Images” section, add photos of your business (interior and exterior), products, and staff. Be sure to include keyword-rich descriptions of each image.
6. In the “Products and services” section, add details about what you offer. Be sure to include pricing information, if possible.
7. In the “Posts” section, create short posts (similar to blog posts) about relevant topics related to your business. Include images and links whenever possible
How to troubleshoot issues with your Google Business page
If you can’t access your Google Business page, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
First, check to see if you’re using the correct email address and password. If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your password.
If you’re still having trouble accessing your account, please contact Google customer support for further assistance.
“Internet expert. Amateur food trailblazer. Freelance tv scholar. Twitter advocate.”