LLCs in California are registered with the Secretary of State. You can search for an LLC on the Secretary of State website.
Checkout this video:
Go to the website
Visit the Secretary of State website. The address is http://www.sos.ca.gov/.
Click on the link labeled “Business Programs.”
Click on the link labeled “Locate a Business.”
You will be redirected to a search page.
Enter the name of the LLC in the search bar
To search for an LLC on the California Secretary of State website, enter the name of the LLC in the search bar. The website will return a list of results that includes the name and address of the LLC, as well as the date of formation and the status of the LLC.
Click on the “Search” button on the top banner of the California Secretary of State website. You will be directed to a new page where you can enter the name of the LLC you are searching for.
Click on the name of the LLC in the results
When you have found the LLC you were looking for in the search results, click on its name to open up the details page. From here, you can view the LLC’s filing history, registered agent information, and other important data.
To view the Statement of Information for an LLC, follow these steps:
1. Go to https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/.
2. Enter the LLC Name or File Number in the field provided and click “Search.”
3. Click on the “Statement of Information” link for the correct LLC. The Statement of Information will be displayed as a PDF document.
1. Navigate to the California Secretary of State website. The address is https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/.
2. On the main page, click on the “Download” button under the “Name” heading.
3. A new page will open with a search form. Enter the name of the LLC you are searching for in the “Name” field and select “Limited Liability Company” from the drop-down menu next to it.
4. Click on the “Search” button at the bottom of the form and wait for the results to appear.
5. If there are multiple pages of results, you can navigate through them by clicking on the numbered links at the bottom of the page. otherwise, you can click on a specific result to view more information about it.
“Food fan. Extreme twitteraholic. Avid pop culture advocate. Beer practitioner. Hipster-friendly coffee maven.”